I would like to recommend the following books to you. These are the books that have impacted my life the most (after God’s Word, of course). Except for the top two, the others are not necessarily in the order that I would rate them:
1. Humility – By Andrew Murray
Far and away, this is the book the Lord has used most in my life to grow me spiritually. It’s been life-changing book for me. I’ve read it 6 or 7 times. I believe every Christian should read this book.
2. Absolute Surrender – By Andrew Murray
This book follows close on the heels of “Humility.” I love Andrew Murray. He had a way of writing that is unlike anyone I’ve ever read. I started reading another book by Murray called, “School of Obedience.” His books can be bought for almost nothing on Amazon (Kindle). I love the old-time writers.
3. Pursuit of God – By A.W. Tozer
Another great classic.
4. Experiencing God – By Henry Blackaby
5. The Pursuit of Holiness – By Jerry Bridges
6. Chosen to be God’s Prophet – By Henry Blackaby
I’ve been a Christian for over 40 years, and I’ve read a lot of books during that time, but these are the one’s that stand out above them all.